Mark wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Christoph Eckert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> Sorry, I completely missed that issue. To my knowledge, Maemo Mapper
>>> can't import map databases from other programs, it can only download
>>> new sets of tiles from the repositories you set up.
>> AFAIK it stores the tiles in a sqlite3 database file. So if you find a way to
>> feed your tiles into this database file, MM could be capable to display them.
>> I wonder if it was worth the efforts, though.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> ce
>
> One would have to know exactly how the information is stored in the
> database in order to be successful in importing the data in that way.
> I would be very surprised if it's worthwhile.
>
> Maemo Mapper is so slick about downloading tiles that I don't think
> it's even worth investigating.

It is if you are attempting to import tiles created from map files which
are far too large for even a desktop to handle easily. I have for
example a tif file which is 55Meg....and gets tiled into 68 1280x1024
pixel images. And it supposedly can be done with gpsdriver. I just don't
know how. And once I figure out how, on my laptop, I guess I will have
to compile mapnik and gpsdriver for Diablo...

Geoff