On Monday 08 September 2008 03:44:19 pm Mark wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 4:36 PM, Tim Ashman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> For a POP account the messages are deleted from the server unless you
> >> check the option "Leave messages on server" which is checked by default.
> >> As you could see the more conservative option is the default one.
> >
> > Yes, I do have that option unchecked so they stay on the server, I wish
> > to be able to delete them from the server after I have read them on the
> > n810.  This allows me to leave important emails on the server for
> > downloading later to my home "archiving" machine.
>
> Point of clarification: What Tim is saying is that he wants to be able
> to pick individual, random messages for deletion off the server. To
> always leave all messages on the server or always delete all of them
> is not ideal. This is a capability that I *really* miss from Eudora.
>
> Mark

That's exactly what I want to be able to do.  Usually my workflow is to delete
all emails off of the server, it is just the nature of emails, most of them
after I have read and replied are not important anymore.  However for those
10-20 emails a week, I want to leave them on the server and then download
them at night to the home computer.

Take today, I was using my n810 all day at work, receiving say 60 emails, I
read them, deleted them and use to be done.  I come home tonight, open my
home email, download them all again, go through them and now I have to
selectively delete them out of my "real" email begin careful not to get to
excited about pressing the delete key.

The old way was just completely better.

tim