Ok, thanks to all of you for so much feedback... this means people is
involved anyway...

I think it's time to flash back and try to be constructive... As I've
admitted before, the original rant of the first mail in the thread is
because of the obvious disappointment after so many months having struggled
to get things working on my tablet and once realize that everything could be
just broken down too easy...

I think that to have your own repo of deb packages shouldn't be necessary,
but the point is that now I already have mine...

Besides, I think that when somenone builds a package and it becomes useful
for somebody else then it transcends his/her ownership and becomes something
public that needs to be protected by, for example in this case, Maemo.org...
Maybe the original developer isn't interested any more in his/her own
package but surely someone else is... That could be the case of kismet
port...

And finally, I think that Maemo maintainers and involved people shouldn't
play so defensively when a problem arises... I know this is a very typical
attitude in some Linux forums, but because of Nokia's hidden presence, I
think Maemo's something different, more business or customer-oriented
attitude, and more friendly and helpful. At least I find this ML more
friendly and problem solver that the typical RTFM...

And now, I'll check the new
wiki<http://wiki.maemo.org/Booting_from_a_flash_card>about booting
from MMC and modify it in case it doesn't work to me...

By the way, I've recently learned how to build deb packages and have built a
package (that works perfectly for me) to download videos of YouTube to the
tablet, and another one to have a PGP secured Folder in my Desktop. Anybody
could give me a hint on where to start to become a Maemo developer and get
help to improve these packages?...

Salut and peace in the world ;-)
Sebas.