On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Rainer Dorsch <rdor...@web.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> earlier this week a friend asked me for a recommendation for an internet
> tablet. Pretty much all his requirements were met by N810 (and there would be
> extra goodies in the N810) except viewing office formats.
>
> Does anybody know what is the status of viewing MS office and openoffice
> documents on the N810?
>
> If that is unfeasible right now, what would be a good alternative? EeePC? Or
> is there something more portable?
>
> Many thanks,
> Rainer
>
> --
> Rainer Dorsch
> Lärchenstr. 6
> D-72135 Dettenhausen
> 07157-734133
> email: rdor...@web.de
> jabber: rdor...@jabber.org
> GPG Fingerprint: 5966 C54C 2B3C 42CC 1F4F  8F59 E3A8 C538 7519 141E
> Full GPG key: http://pgp.mit.edu/

My EeePC 1000HE is great, and has more bang for the buck than any
other netbook out there, but is significantly larger than the original
EeePC. If money is no object, there's no substitute for the OQO
machines http://www.oqo.com/index.html . A full Windows computer in an
N810 form factor only a little larger. They're actually about half the
cost they used to be, but at this point they've removed the pricing
from their Web site.

Mark