Hi friends,

I'm trying to solve a little problem with my 770:

My MMC has got corrupted, and I need to format it again.

But the situations is this:

My MMC has two partitions:

/dev/mmcblk0p1 --- type vfat
/dev/mmcblk0p2 --- type ext2 (root file system)

The Ext2 partition is OK, since I've already checked it. The problem is with
the FAT partition.

I cannot format the FAT partition, because I have Extended Virtual Memory
(64MB) working on it, and the Control Panel doesn't allow me to disable this
option.
So that I cannot unmount the FAT partition, and so I cannot format it again.

I've tried to disable the Extended Virtual Memory option booting from Flash
but it doesn't allow me to do it.
I have booted without MMC and EVM is disabled, but as soon as I put the MMC
in it is enabled again.

My last option would be to format the whole MMC erasing the existing
partitions and starting the whole process from the very beginning.
But the system works pretty well and I wouldn't like to do that.

My hope is that there's a way to force the system to disable the Extended
Virtual Memory, and then unmount the FAT partition, and format it again. (I
have gconf editor installed).

Could someone please suggest me any solution?

--
Salut,
Sebas