On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Peter Flynn <peter.fl...@mars.ucc.ie> wrote:
> Laurent Léonard wrote:
>> I'm also interested in that piece of information. I contacted the 2 official
>> Nokia resellers in Brussels, but I got an answer only from one and he has no
>> information at all about the N900, its price or availability in Belgium.
>
> I asked three Nokia stores in Ireland (and two in the UK on a recent
> visit) and none of them had ever heard of the N900.
>
> I showed them my N800 and they'd never seen or heard of one before. One
> guy asked if it was an iPhone...he was impressed; he'd never seen a
> pocket computer before...
>
> Someone in Nokia Marketing needs to send out some info to someone...
>
> ///Peter

Actually, that's the way they like it. They aren't interested in
making a consumer device, only developer's toys that will never be
complete or polished to the level that the average consumer can make
good use of it.

I am often asked about my N800 too. I tell them what it is, but I'm
careful not to recommend it to people that I know wouldn't be able to
make the best of it.

Mark