I just received my n900 over the weekend and have been playing around with it.
Like most new devices some things are better, some seem worse.  I thought I'd
ask the group a couple of questions that I have to see if anything can be
changed.

1. GPS/Maps seems to suck.  First I don't have a phone data plan and I'm not
getting one.  WiFi for me.  So when I turn on GPS I leave the Assisted part
off (network)  I can not ever get the gps to actually lock.  I've left it on
for hours without touching it and it never locks.

Also when I start up the maps app it asks me for a wifi connection and I get a
little downloading data indication.  I have to cancel this not once but
several times before the app gives up and really thinks I don't want to use
data, or maybe it isn't available.

So, first what is up with the GPS does it even work without the network
connection.

Second, it appears that once again nokia has screwed the pooch on the Map app,
I would like to know if mapper ala (n810) is going to be available or is
already.

2.  Camera Flash - When I take a picture using the flash the left half on the
picture is always noticeably brighter to the point that the picture looks
like crap.  I've tried this several different times in different lighting
conditions with various results but everytime I can see the problem and it
makes the flash unusable.  Is something wrong with my unit or is this just
how it is.

3. Contact Lookup using keyboard - So you can begin typing a contacts name
from any desktop and the contacts app will popup and narrow down your name,
works great the first time.  However the second time from any desktop nothing
will happen.  I've figured out that the first time this happens the system
opens the contact list but never closes it.  It the contact app is open then
this feature doesn't work.  So I've been having to close the contacts app
myself everytime so that this feature works.  Is this the intended
functionality or a bug.

That is all for now.  I'm sure I will have more later.

thank you

tim