Hi,

ext John Sullivan wrote:
Alejandro López <listas....@googlemail.com> writes:

operation). When the moment for the reboot came, the problems started:
my N900 would start booting never asking for the security code, and
when starting to show the desktop, it would reboot; and the loop
started again. It was impossible to power it off except by removing
the battery.

I had the same experience, with the reboot loop at the same point, after
doing apt-get dist-upgrade (which I did because the app manager was
telling me I needed to use the proprietary Windows Nokia software
suite).

Did you have any packages installed which stupidly declare exact version
dependencies to other packages?  For example several of the games in
Extras seem to be declaring exact version dependency to SGX driver.
Which of course causes a conflict on SSU which contains a new & improved
SGX driver.

IMHO packages with exact version dependencies to anything that doesn't
come from the same source package should just be rejected from Extras.

Could somebody looking after Extras fix this so that we don't get such
bad packages at least for PR1.2?

I ended up flashing it, and restoring my settings/apps from backup, and
it seems to be working fine now.

        - Eero