I've been using modrana on the the N900 for close to 18 months now with little
problem.  The developer (MartinK) is still quite active on TMO and is happy to
help with problems and fixes if something turns out to be broken.  I'd suggest
you check out his thread there.

http://forums.internettablettalk.com/showthread.php?t=58861

---- Johann Spies <johann.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Modrana was never really usable for me.

A few days ago I decided to try it out again because it looks promising and
I was hoping that with updated versions it will become useful.

I let Modrana download more than 95000 tiles (for about 12 hours) and it
just shows now map except on zoom level 1 (or 0?).

When running it from the commandline I see this:

mapTiles: exception while drawing the map layer: float division
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/modrana/modules/mod_mapTiles.py", line 498, in drawMap
    cx1,cy1 = (sw*(cx-px1)/pdx,sh*(cy-py1)/pdy) #this is basically the
pxpy2xy function from mod_projection inlined
ZeroDivisionError: float division
Shutting-down modules

Does anyone have success with Modrana on the N900?

Regards
Johann

--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)