Le 12/10/2010 18:11, Olivier Méjean a écrit :

Mageia won't be installed only in France; those patents still apply in
other countries so not all patent restrictions can be dropped.
And going that way you will have to drop each software that will break a law
in a country ...

Olivier
Hi,
+1
When I install a linux distro (Ubuntu - OpenSuse - Mandriva), my first reflex is to install all the "non-free" packages because I can not use the full functionnality of my PC (watching protected DVD, proprietary drivers like nvidia / ati / wireless ... etc. ...)

Is it possible to build a Mageia distro with all necessary package for easy use without all this patents problem and specifically for each country some specials web pages ? In these web pages : the list of non-free packages to replace by free packages ...
(for example).

Patent restrictions are completely against ease of use and enjoying user experience.