Am 13.10.2010 19:04, schrieb Wolfgang Bornath:

The same can be done with all that codec stuff. A window opens,
telling the user that he will need some special software to listen to
MP3s, watch his commercial DVDs, etc. The text explains in simple
words the legal implications which may or may not apply to his
country. After that he can decide with a simple mouse click on yes or
no or "ask later" (if he has no working internet connection at that
time. If he clicks on "activate", the needed software will be
downloaded and installed. If he clicks on "ask later" he will be asked
as soon as the script detects a working internet connection.
If he has selected "No" and still tries to open a commecrial DVD (or
whatever) the window ill appear again reminding him why he can't play
the DVD (or whatever).

Face it: we do not have any other choice but leave it at the user's
decision. All we can do is make it simple if he chooses to bite the
bullet.
That's exactly what i meant, just expressed a little better :)