在 Mon, 29 Nov 2010 22:10:47 +0800, Jerome Quelin <jque...@gmail.com>寫道:
* core
  - enabled by default
  - mirrors must mirror this media to be listed as a mirror
  - only GPL stuff
  - must be selfcontained

* nonfree
  - disabled by default, installer will ask to enable it if
    it detects hw that need driver/fw from here...
  - mirrors must mirror this media to be listed as a mirror
  - contains apps/drivers/firmware that are free to redistribute,
    but we dont have GPL source for
  - for example ati/nvidia drivers/firmware, Oracle Java, ...

* tainted
  - disabled by default
  - mirrors are free to not mirror this media
  - stuff we think we can redistribute, but that may have some
    patent issues or other restrictions in oter countries.

as a packager, i like this.
as a user, i like this too.
i let mirror admins comment wrt their view.
I like this scheme, very clear and easy to understand for everyone.