On 01/12/11 22:47, Maarten Vanraes wrote:

if you have a cauldron, you can enable updates_testing and then:
* rpm -e --nodeps all the mysql packages you have
* urpmi all the identical mariadb packages

OK - I guess the names are similar - not looked yet ;)

* then you can build against it, by rebuilding your src.rpm

I have BuildRequire on perl-DBD-mysql and Requires on perl-DBD-mysql, mysql and php-mysql, I assume these will need to change?

* then install that
* test if everything works, perhaps reboot or logout or whatever restarts
akonadi
* then test your package

i've already tested with phpmyadmin (thus php-mysql), drupal (thus php-pdo-
mysqli), amarok and akonadi...

no bug/tracker for it

I only noticed the thread in ML tonight, as I did not know what MariaDB was it hadn't caught my attention!
I will start on it tomorrow.
Thanks,
Barry