30.03.2012 17:04, Thierry Vignaud kirjutas:
On 30 March 2012 16:00, nicolas vigier<bo...@mars-attacks.org>  wrote:
Assuming we do not want to abandon them, what do we do? I'd suggest
shipping a new empty package that replaces it with a README.urpmi
telling them to go to Sun directly is the most responsible thing for us
to do. If they do not have a JRE installed, and they have packages that
require one, then they should be prompted to install e.g. openjdk to
satisfy package deps. That should work OK right?
I think an empty package is not a good idea, it would be better to
obsolete it in task-obsolete :
  - it's more clear that the package is obsoleted and is not a regular
   update. Users installing an empty package as update would only see that
   it is removed but not updated when it's already removed.
  - package is really removed and no longer listed as installed in rpm
   database
  - it's easy to add task-obsolete in urpmi skip.list for people who
   don't want unmaintained packages to be automatically removed

In that case, I don't think so.
We can thus popup a README.urpmi explaining what happened.
Also user can find out this when running rpm -ql java-sun-foobar
We can obsolete it in mga2 and create an empty package for mga 1, explaining what's happening. So in mga2 we get rid of it and in mga1 people are warned that it's now removed because of its security issues.

--
Sander