My git log -3 (redacted slightly for privacy/security) is:

commit 632da26656bc4b5e5b1ca9bc5e26d34b5fc26dc8
Merge: 843454a 986b8e2
Author: Matthew Persico
Date:   Thu Jan 14 14:37:41 2016 -0500

    :Merge branch 'master' of ****:mpersico5/git_template

commit 843454a955280100c90fa66248d83c4edfbf5a8d
Author: Matthew Persico
Date:   Thu Jan 14 14:34:46 2016 -0500

    Added tags for documentation, options for testing and correction, more tests

commit 986b8e2a7d34ef1f30c67a0bf3b8f5f871a0123d
Author: Matthew Persico
Date:   Fri Nov 27 16:17:52 2015 -0500

    Added more checks, cmd line options.

The top two are garbage. I want to rebase onto the third by DROPPING the first
two.

magit does not have 'd' defined, but rather uses k or C-k mapped to
git-rebase-kill-line to simply delete the line, because if the line is not
there, the commit is dropped.

However, in this case, there are only two lines and when I kill them both, I
end up with an empty file and nothing happens.

I think we need to define 'd' to change the word to 'drop' on the line. May I
enter an issue for this, fork the repo and submit a pull request at
https://github.com/magit/magit?