i just remembered 2 more questions that prompted me to make the previous query.

1.  is it possible to track corruption by keeping a copy of the
working tree or so, such that a program or script will detect
corruption of any type?

2.  does such a script or program exist?

3.  is there a stress tester for magit or git that would work on real
repos?  or perhaps at least on fake ones?  intra-hunk?