Public bug reported:

Where are the portfolio export files stored? Apparently
(https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/547782) they are stored
somewhere.

Could they be retrieved if the export fails? I generated an export, but
disconnected from the internet before the download was finished. Since
then I have not been able to download an export again. When I try to
generate another export (a couple of hours later, a day later), it
usually does not do anything but just say "Transferring...". After about
a week, the progress bar in the export moved and I got the link to
"Continue". However, there was no file offered for download.

It would be good to have access to these files for a day or so before
they are deleted or like Moodle does, put them in the home directory of
the user. However, that takes away portfolio space.

(Mahara 1.24)

** Affects: mahara

** Description changed:

  Where are the portfolio export files stored? Apparently
  (https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/547782) they are stored
  somewhere.

  Could they be retrieved if the export fails? I generated an export, but
  disconnected from the internet before the download was finished. Since
  then I have not been able to download an export again. When I try to
  generate another export (a couple of hours later, a day later), it
  usually does not do anything but just say "Transferring...". After about
  a week, the progress bar in the export moved and I got the link to
  "Continue". However, there was no file offered for download.

  It would be good to have access to these files for a day or so before
  they are deleted or like Moodle does, put them in the home directory of
  the user. However, that takes away portfolio space.
+
+ (Mahara 1.24)

--
Retrieving export files