Hi Stacey,

> Are you talking about the link to the access page from the view
itself?

Yes, exactly.

I'm fonder of option a) when it can be made clear that they will be
looking at the collection access page and not the view access page. And
that they'll be changing the access for the entire collection.

--
View access accessible when view is in a collection

Status in Mahara ePortfolio: New

Bug description:
When a view is in a collection, its "Edit Access" page is still accessible and
the access rights can be changed. When I went into the collection access
rights, the new user had been added as well though I did not get a message on
the view access page telling me that I update the collection access at the same
time.

When I go to the view access page of another view in the same collection, I
still have the old access rights in there.

As collection access rights overwrite view access rights, I would disable the
"Edit View Access" link on a view that sits in a collection. The user cannot
get to it from the view overview page - why should he get to it on the actual
view? That would make it easier to edit the access rights for a collection
really only on the collection page.