** Attachment added: "submit_view.JPG"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/623120/+attachment/1514693/+files/submit_view.JPG

--
Fix submit button for views in one place

Status in Mahara ePortfolio: New

Bug description:
from http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2173#post9613 on 23
August 2010

Hi,

We have lecturers complaining about the submit button appears all over the
places under submit view for assessment. Because it displays randomly on the
page for students, it's very easy for students to click on the submit button by
mistake. Their views then get locked until the lecturer goes in and releases
the view back to the students. Please click here to see the submit view for
assessment page.

Is there anyway of making sure the section appears consistantly on the page? Or
is it possible to hide the submit button if the lecturer chooses not to assess
the views for a particular group?

Thanks, Shen

------------------

Response by Richard on 24 August 2010

Hi Shen,

If you don't want submissions to a particular group, you can edit the group
settings and change the type from "Course" to "Standard".

We should also change the default themes to line the submit buttons up
properly.  Feel free to file a bug report for this at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+filebug and either attach your screenshot
there, or just add a link to this thread.

If you're in a hurry to fix it, you will need to edit the css files for your
theme (htdocs/theme/<themename>/static/style/style.css).