The solution could be setting GMT offset for server location in Site
settings, as well as local GMT offset for individual user. Based on this
all time stamps presented to user (as well as submitted by user) will be
shifted in time according to zones difference so that only local time of
the server will be used in the database time-related fields.

--
Support for Time Zones of users in Mahara

Status in Mahara ePortfolio: Confirmed

Bug description:
Did a quick search here and couldn't easily find an existing request for Time
Zones support.
Unlike this eduforge tracker when I created my account, where I was prompted to
confirm my time zone, there seems to be no such Time Zone support within the
Mahara system and therefore I have to mentally adjust time stamps against
forum, blog, and other posts.
Hope this request can find its way into your todo list soon.
Cheers, Peter B.

This bug was imported from eduforge.org, see:
https://eduforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3290&group_id=176&atid=742