I could not reproduce the error today when I created a new user and went
through the steps I had detailed above.

"Bravo clicks on link in Charlie's e-mail
(http://mahara.local/user/view.php?id=3)" -> For me this is still:
Charlie clicks on link in Alpha's mail and get's taken to Alpha's
profile page being logged in as Bravo. New (and better) though is that
Bravo can only remove Alpha from his friends.

Were it possible to verify that the correct user is actually logged in
when a friend request is sent and the user clicks on the link. Though it
may not occur too often that people have multiple accounts.

--
friend request issues (with two similar accounts)

Status in Mahara ePortfolio: Triaged

Bug description:
Charlie and I had a bit of trouble with friend requests on master.dev.

Here's the timeline of the events:

1. Charlie sends friend request to Kristina (member of Mahoodle).
2. Kristina accepts friend request and leaves browser window (FF 3.6 on Mac
10.6) open (and sends a wall message to Charlie as well)
3. Charlie sends friend request to Kristina DC (admin on master.dev)
4. real Kristina clicks on link in email and sees the friend request in Mahara
BUT while still logged in as Kristina (and not Kristina DC). It says "1 pending
friend" there despite it being the request for Kristina DC
5. Kristina tries to approve friend request but gets error message: "Mahara:
Master Branch: Site unavailable. A nonrecoverable error occured. This probably
means you have encountered a bug in the system."
6. Kristina tries to deny friend request and succeeds.
7. Charlie receives friend denial from Kristina, but is still friends with
Kristina on master.dev as that was the denial for the friend request for
Kristina DC
8. real Kristina logs into Mahara as Kristina DC and sees friend request from
Charlie
9. Kristina DC can accept friend request without problems