In the member search area the user will be presented with a drop down
selection to choose how they want the users to be sorted.

** Attachment added: "Screenshot-dfhhdf - Members - Mahara - Mozilla
Firefox.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/707860/+attachment/1848577/+files/Screenshot-dfhhdf%20-%20Members%20-%20Mahara%20-%20Mozilla%20Firefox.png

  List group members alphabetically

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Currently, as Richard told me, group members are listed according to
  their group joining date on the membership page of a group with the
  admin leading, of course, as she was the first to create the group.

  I think it would be good to have an alphabetical listing of group
  members (admin can stay as the first if that is important) to make it
  easier to find group members esp. in larger groups. The listing should
  be according to their last name and then their first name.

  If it is important to know the order that members joined a group, we
  could have a setting above that allows for alphabetical and
  chronological listing.