commit for this here
http://www.gitorious.org/~ioniser/mahara/ionisers-mahara/commits/lp620161-distinction-between-name-profile

I did not make the text span across the top of the profile image as this
would require to much fiddling.

Attached is an image of what it looks like now.

** Attachment added: "Screenshot-1.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/mahara/+bug/620161/+attachment/1864561/+files/Screenshot-1.png

  Distinction between Name and Profile not clear

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  I still have trouble clicking on the correct link and think and
  adjustment may be necessary.

  When I click on my name, I am taken to my profile page as others can
  see it.

  When I click on "Profile", I can edit my profile, but I would think
  that I could actually view it.

  Having the name and "Profile" right next to each other is not ideal, I
  think, because they are almost the same, but not quite.

  When I'm on my profile page (the view), I don't know how to get back
  to my dashboard -> Oh. I have to click on the Mahara logo.

  I like that we have "Settings" instead of the username in the top
  right because that already lessens confusion.

  What about the following:
  - Include a link "Home" in the navigation links before the others.
  - "Profile" (also in the tabs on the dashboard page etc.) links to the
profile view.
  - And somewhere we need a link "Edit Profile Information" to get to all that
stuff. It could go next to "Edit Content" (though then people might be confused
to distinguish between adding profile info and dragging that info into a view).

  Any ideas?