Two things we could try to get it to work:

1- changing the Content-Transfer-Encoding to "7 bit" or another non
-"quoted-printable" value\

2- not sending an HTML version of the email and only sending a plain
text version

** Summary changed:

- registration link broken
+ registration link broken in Outlook Express

  registration link broken in Outlook Express

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  When a new user registers and receives the confirmation email, the
  link may be broken when viewed with gmail or other mail clients.
  Hotmail works fine.

  We tried installing mahara on a different server and environment, and
  the problem persists.

  Please advice,

  Thanks in advance