Thanks Francois.  I've amended the patch, and committed to master.

Cheers,
Piers Harding.

** Changed in: mahara

** Changed in: mahara
     Assignee: (unassigned) => PiersHarding (piersharding)

** Changed in: mahara

  Feature: add remote user to CSV upload

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  I'd like to add remoteuser as an upload field to the 'Add Users by
  CSV' function.  As part of this, I would also like to be able to set
  the remoteuser regardless of whether the auth type selected is
  'internal' or not.  I have attached a patch for this, and would
  appreciate some discussion around the proposal, and if there are any
  problems anyone can see with this.

  For the curious, the reason for wanting to have the remoteuser on
  internal auth types is so that eventually I could enable SAML users to
  have dual login (manual password, and SAML).

  Cheers,
  Piers Harding.