Thanks for tracking this down Gregor, I need to fix it in the scripts
which create the language pack tarballs from the launchpad po files.
Once it's done, people will need to download fixed language packs and
reinstall them :(

** Changed in: mahara

** Changed in: mahara

** Changed in: mahara
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Richard Mansfield (richard-mansfield)

  sprintf function problems with pluralrule

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  sprintf function, used by smarty has problems with pluralrule which
  contains percent (%) sign.

  I've used quite some time to find out that I need to use double
  percent sign to make this work.

  If pluralrule string is translated via launchpad Mahara Translations,
  than there should be note, warning people of that, but if it is
  created programmatically than single percent signs in pluralrule
  string should be replaced with dobule percent signs.

  This musn't be confused with the string that appears in plural
  function though!!!

  'Original' string (for Slovenian) as it appears in Launchpad Slovenian
Language Details page
(https://translations.launchpad.net/mahara-lang/trunk/+pots/mahara/sl/+details)
  $string['pluralrule'] = '(n%100==1 ? 1 : n%100==2 ? 2 : n%100==3 || n%100==4
? 3 : 0)';

  'Corrected' string (single % replaced with double %% - which sprintf can
"digest")
  $string['pluralrule'] = '(n%%100==1 ? 1 : n%%100==2 ? 2 : n%%100==3 ||
n%%100==4 ? 3 : 0)';

  AFAIK the affected languages could be:
  - Arabic
  - Croatian