I think the markup schema might be good on all pages. Sure, internal
ones cannot be searched on publicly, but maybe a fulltext search plugin
could benefit from them. Or in the case of COinS, Zotero could get basic
information as straigh bibliographic record.

Pages can be made public at any point and thus, the metadata should be
available. Maybe we can also tie it in what we send via the sitemap?

  Implement markup schema for public pages

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  It would be really useful to implement markup schemas for public pages
  so searches give more details.

  http://schema.org/ is a vocabulary of RDFa which has been (somewhat)
  standardized for use by Google, Bing and Yahoo searches.

  http://ogp.me/ Open Graph Protocol is what Facebook uses to give you
  nifty snippets when you bash a URL into your post.