The pager follows the pager that you see elsewhere on Mahara. Richard M
once said that the amount of intermediate steps can be adjusted. There
is a fancy calculation in place (look at User search in the admin
interface) that the steps are adjusted depending on how many users you
have so that you can get to further away pages more quickly.

  Expand page navigation in blogs

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  New

Bug description:
  I've just worked in a blog with more than 70 entries that are
  presented  on 15 pages. Its not easy to navigate in this blog.

  The page navigation has 7 elements:
  First page | previous page | previous page  (as page number) | actual page
(as page number) | next page (as number) | next page | last page.

  Previous and next page  links are doubled.  If I like to switch more quickly
through the blog pages it makes sense to add more links in the middle like
  -3 | -2 | -1 | this page | +1 | +2 |+3

  What do you think?