Hi,

I've been testing our Mahara 1.5.2 with an iPad 2 - and while I can see
the radio buttons and 'add new block here' button they do nothing - just
get 'theme successfully updated' when I click the button. We're using
Ultima as our default theme, and users are allowed to change theme for
their pages. I saw in the discussion forums
https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1913 that the iPad
works if themes are switched off - but unfortunately our users would get
very upset if they couldn't express their creativity by having
personalised pages. Is there a solution that will be rolled out to
resolve this - and if so in which release?

Thanks, Gordon.

  View editor drag and drop broken on iPhone/iPad

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  From http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=1913 :

  Hi All,

  As we are planning a project that uses Mahara with iPad and iPhone in
  class, we ran in to a small problem of the drag-and-drop not working
  in creating and editing views. We solved it by modifing the views.js
  file to treat the devices as ie6. We post it here to see whether there
  is better way to solve it and possibly help others who ran into the
  same problem and want a quick fix :-)

  Many Thanks

  James

  P.S. The patch script (to patch against js/views.js file in version
  1.2.4 :

  78c78,86
  <         }
  ---
  >         } else {
  >             // Unhide the radio button if the browser is iPhone, IPad or
IPod
  >             if ((navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i)) ||
(navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i)) || (navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i))) {
  >                     forEach(getElementsByTagAndClassName('input',
'blocktype-radio', 'top-pane'), function(i) {
  >                     setNodeAttribute(i, 'style', 'display:inline');
  >                 });
  >             }
  >
  >         }
  1116a1125,1129