** Changed in: mahara

  Bad characters in filenames prevent pages with files from displaying

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  From https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5249

  "One of our student users is experiencing a strange problem with
  Mahara. Though she's been a user since 2010, this semester she is
  suddenly unable to edit content on her pages.

  She is able to display pages, but when she clicks edit, the page is
  blank. Other pages give her the option to edit content, but will not
  actually allow her to upload a file. When she attempts to do so, the
  screen freezes up. She has attempted to upload directly to pages and
  through the content section, but neither worked.

  Her other pages let her upload pictures, but not files. We tried
  having her create new pages, but the same issues arise."

  "Our programmers were able to find the issue. Apparently the user had
  some bad file names that contained bad chacters (in this case
  quotation marks) that caused the error. We removed the bad characters
  and things seem to be functioning normally."