Public bug reported:

from Gregor at https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5394

Installed fresh instance of Mahara 1.7.0. I have only one user - admin
user. No data is set, everything is default as install process created
it.

Created new page and tried to add Textbox block. The rendering of config
form took forever... Upon investigation I found out that it is caused
because 'license' and 'license_advanced' pieform elements are created
without 'type' which would indicate the type of Pieform. This is needed
in line 930 of 'build_configure_form' function in file
htdocs/blocktype/lib.php which tries to reference Pieform javascript
function:

line 930: $function = 'pieform_element_' . $element['type'] .
'_views_js';

I suspect it can't be done since 'type' index isn't set...

Haven't added it to bugtracker since I want you guys to please confirm
this.

Kind regards,
Gregor

When I turn on the license, the problem vanishes...

** Affects: mahara

  Lincense issue on vanilla 1.7

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  New