** Changed in: mahara
    Milestone: 1.8rc1 => 1.8.0

  proxy exceptions feature is missing

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  The Proxy settings on Mahara are lacking the ability to set proxy
  exceptions for bypassing required hosts (we are on 1.5.x). I have seen
  that usually proxy exceptions are the part of proxy settings.

  We come across this issue while implementing SSO between our internal
  servers (not exposed to the world) where proxy settings are used to
  connect with outside world.

  To solve this we have implemented this feature, by copying Moodle 2.X
  code. This was the easiest way to achieve without wasting a time for
  writing this from scratch. It works and it has been tested with all
  scenarios.

  We are submitting the SVN patch with this as couldn't figure out how
  to commit these changes via Gerrit/Mahara GIT - at this stage it seems
  complicated to me. I tried this and failed at the step "scp -p -P
  29418 usern...@reviews.mahara.org:hooks/commit-msg .git/hooks/".

  I wonder whether the defined practice at
  https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Pushing_Git_Commits
  is still valid or not.