** Changed in: mahara

  Can't upgrade to 1.8rc1 because block_instance has an index instead of
  a key

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  See https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5770

  At least three sites have had fatal errors while attempting to upgrade
  to 1.8rc1, because their block_instance table does not have a key
  called blockinst_viecolord_uk. Instead, the table has a unique index
  called blockinst_viecolord_uix

  This particular key/index is a uniqueness key on the block_instance
  table, across the (view, column, order) columns. In the code, it's
  referred to as "viewcolumnorderuk". As part of the flexible layouts
  update, we replace it with a key on (view, row, column, order). To do
  that, we call drop_key() on the original. Unfortunately, the
  drop_key() method throws a fatal error if the key is not present.

  At least two of the three reporting sites have been around since
  before Mahara version 1.0. However, it's to be expected that many of
  the biggest and highest-profile Mahara sites will have been around for
  a long time, so we should provide them with a clean upgrade path where
  possible.