We need to keep in mind bulk user creation. Currently, you create
accounts and can email the password to the users, but at the same time
force them to change it. Isn't that pretty much like a link you click to
change your password?

  don't send out password for admin created users

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  When an admin creates a user with a set password. It should be assumed that
this password is delivered to the user out of band, and shouldn't be sent in
clear text.
  If the password field is left blank, we should treat that the same as if we
just finished a registration, the user gets a one time URL to click on which
forces them to set a password.