Hi Aaron,

Certainly that's one way of looking at it, but I think it would be
better to simply display a message at the top of the page to inform the
user that the other group members had been sent a notification. I think
sending a notification to the owner of the page being shared could
potentially be quite confusing - it just seems wrong to notify a user
that they now have access to a page they already had access to.

I've submitted a patch for review at
https://reviews.mahara.org/#/c/2934/ to exclude the owner from the
notification.

Cheers,
Tony

  Page shared to group: notification to page owner

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  New

Bug description:
  When the page owner shares page with the group, and the group has a
  setting to notify members when new page is shared with the group, the
  page owner receives notification as well. This is not correct, the
  page owner should be excluded from notification list if s/he is a
  member of the group s/he shares the page with.