The duplicate "Back" button may just be an issue when using small
headers as I have not seen it before (usually I don't use small
headers). Shane uses custom themes based on the default theme (Aaaron,
we have these themes).

As for the reason why there is a "Save" button: The button allows you to
be taken directly to the "Edit content" page and thus facilitates the
work flow when starting a portfolio page.

  When adding page without a title - Buttons incorrectly shown when
  displaying page

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  Mahara 1.8.1 (also affects 1.7)
  Create page
  Don't re-title
  Don't save
  Click on Display Page

  Bug displayed: Rather than seeing buttons "Edit This Page - Back"
  "Back - Back" buttons are displayed.

  Please see screenshot.

  Thanks.