One caution I would have when thinking about introducing formal grading
features in mahara, is to not be limited to alphanumeric numbers.
Alignment with outcomes or rubrics for example are hugely important.
Introducing limited grading capabilities I think has some dangers.

  Feature request: Collaborative grading

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  New

Bug description:
  Hey guys!!

  As I read that this bug-reporting tool can be used to give some
  inspiration for new features, I would like to do so:

  @ our UAS we projected Mahara and as one of our first needs to the
  system, we found out about a missing possibility to rate (or grade) a
  project or single parts out of a project.

  So our wish for some further funcionality is the possibility to enable
  some kind of collaborative grading, where all other students out of a
  group of students can evaluate and rate the work of others and
  additionally maybe the possibility of a master-grade of a lecturer who
  is responsible for a group of students. Afterwards the possibility of
  a small grading-interpretation-screen would be fine.

  I know the idea is not very well elaborated right now, but possibly it
  gives the right kick-starter to some developer who recognizes the good
  idea and sees the meaningfulness behind it....  (Maybe it is just the
  general feedback feature which has to be pimped a bit?)

  Thanks for reading & best regards,
  Florian Sauer
  (UAS Technikum Vienna, Austria)