Hi Kristina,

I've spun off a separate bug about letting the admins edit/add social
media sites to that list. I'll mark this one as a duplicate then,
because if we had that feature, admins could use it to choose a favicon
for sites.

Cheers,
Aaron

   Allow admin/staff to edit the list of suggested social media profiles

  Use the favicon identification code for social media profiles

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  When you create a new social media profile, the identifying icon is
  the default globe. This is not great when you want to add a lot of
  social media profiles that Mahara doesn't know about.

  What about repurposing the code we use for identifying a site and
  displaying its favicon as we do in the iframe sources? Richard wrote
  some nifty code to fetch the favicon from any site. If it can't be
  found, the default icon is displayed. If we wanted to get very fancy,
  we could also add the option to specify a favicon (like we can for the
  iframe sources).