I tried turning off all the file blocktypes I could find (filedownload,
folder, gallery, html, image, internalmedia, pdf) on latest master and
everything works as it should for me (the "Media" group doesn't show up
and no error is displayed). Are any other steps needed to replicate the
bug?

  disabling all file blocktypes causes an error when editing pages

Status in Mahara ePortfolio:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  If you go into the extensions configuration page and merrily
  disable/hide all the file blocktypes, an error will get thrown
  whenever you progress in page editing from  the title etc to adding
  content, or when re-editing the page.

  The default block category is the 'Files, images and video' type, of
  which all the blocks are not available for use.

  [WAR] 20 (lib/view.php:1182) Undefined offset: 0
  Call stack (most recent first):

      log_message("Undefined offset: 0", 8, true, true,
"/var/www/mahara-dev/code/htdocs/lib/view.php", 1182) at
/var/www/mahara-dev/code/htdocs/lib/errors.php:446
      error(8, "Undefined offset: 0",
"/var/www/mahara-dev/code/htdocs/lib/view.php", 1182, array(size 1)) at
/var/www/mahara-dev/code/htdocs/lib/view.php:1182
      View->get_default_category() at
/var/www/mahara-dev/code/htdocs/view/blocks.php:119