Patch for "master" branch: https://reviews.mahara.org/6467

  Hide deleted comments unless they're needed for context

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Currently when you delete a comment in Mahara, we leave a placeholder
  on the page that says "Comment deleted" and shows who made the
  comment. The idea behind this was to provide some context for
  subsequent comments, to indicate that people were responding to
  something which is no longer present.

  However, this gets annoying in some cases. For instance, deletion of
  spam comments, or comments that were placed accidentally.

  So, a compromise solution is to only display the placeholder if it's
  necessary for context. Specifically, if a comment is the last one on a
  page when it gets deleted, then we don't need to display its
  placeholder. Or if threaded comments are enabled, and a comment is the
  last one in its thread, we don't need to display its placeholder.

  This should be applied recursively, so that if I delete the
  penultimate comment on the page, and then the last comment on the
  page, both wind up hidden. The comments should still be retained in
  the database for auditing purposes.