[Expired for Mahara because there has been no activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: mahara

  Exporting large files

Status in Mahara:
  Expired

Bug description:
  As per the discussion at
  https://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=5403 and the wiki at

https://wiki.mahara.org/index.php/Developer_Area/Specifications_in_Development/Portfolio_Export_Import#Issues_that_were_identified_with_the_current_implementation,
  it looks like Mahara struggles with exports of over 100M.

  Using Mahara 1.6.2 (Ubuntu 10.10, PHP 5.3.3), I currently have
  students who have up to 7 collections that they wanted to export
  before leaving college (which I'm sure you'll guess those larger ones
  are likely to be more than 100M) and they always seem to timeout.

  Even after changing the max_execution_time to 600 (10 minutes), the
  memory_limit to 512M and the max_upload_size to 500M (the same as each
  student's maximum space), the exports still time out at the same
  point.

  Can this please be looked at?

  Thanks