I would say that a notification can be useful because a file being moved
into a folder on a page should result in a notification so that the
watcher knows that there is new evidence available in a folder / image
gallery on a page they are watching.

A file that is submitted can only be moved if the folder in which it
resides has not been submitted to a portfolio. In order to not have a
notification, I guess, we'd have to check the conditions of the file and
its submission status and then check if the submitted page is on
anyone's watchlist and if all that matches, not send a notification of
the move to the watchers of that page, but still send notifications to
all the other watchers who have the same file on a different page in
case that affects that page as well.

Does this scenario happen frequently? I'd class it as low here in
Launchpad, i.e. to fix when it's convenient, since it doesn't impact the
behavior of Mahara or breaks the submission.

** Changed in: mahara

** Changed in: mahara

** Summary changed:

- Notifications of changes on locked pages
+ Notification sent to watcher upon moving file on submitted page (when not in
submitted folder)

  Notification sent to watcher upon moving file on submitted page (when
  not in submitted folder)

Status in Mahara:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  If I submit a page to a group it becomes locked. The locked page can
  also be on another users watchlist. I've had an instance when users
  who have the locked page on their watchlist receive notifications of
  changes. This happens if artefacts are moved around into folders in
  the content area.

  16.04
  Linux
  MySQL