The patch here fixes only that the correct institution theme is selected
when creating the page. The remainder is a wishlist item and reported
now at bug #1634675
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Mahara
Contributors, which is subscribed to Mahara.
Matching subscriptions: Subscription for all Mahara Contributors -- please ask
on #mahara-dev or mahara.org forum before editing or unsubscribing it!
Page created in wrong institution theme
Status in Mahara:
Tested on Mahara 16.10dev
When you are a member of 2 or more institutions, you can switch the
themes in your account settings page to the institution theme that you
want to browse the site in.
When you create a page though, one of the institution themes is chosen
and in my case it wasn't the one of the institution I had selected.
1. Set up institutions "School" and "University" and give each a different
theme, i.e. not the site theme.
2. Set up a user who is a member in both institutions.
3. Log in and in the account settings, choose the school theme.
4. Create a page -> it takes on the school theme, which is correct.
5. Switch the theme in the account settings to "University".
6. The site displays in the university institution theme -> correct.
7. Create a page -> The school theme is selected -> This is not correct. It
should display the university theme.
8. When you go to the page that you created under 4, it also still displays
the school theme when it should show the university theme as that is your
The theme displayed to the user when browsing the site or creating a
page should always be the one selected in account settings as that is
the only way to know what the user's preference is.
This is unrelated to being able to choose a page theme. When that
functionality is enabled, users should be able to "pin" a specific
theme to a page, but only then. At all other times, the institution
theme / theme chosen in their account settings page should be the one
used for browsing their own portfolio.
There is no way to switch the theme to a "new" / other institution
when page themes aren't turned on (which they aren't always).
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~mahara-contributors
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~mahara-contributors
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp