Public bug reported:

When you are a member of multiple institutions and at least one of them
does not have SmartEvidence selected, you won't be able to use it. Or
more specifically, SmartEvidence use goes according to the setting of
your "first" institution's setting if you are in multiple.

The use or not use of SmartEvidence should work like we have other
multiple institution settings work: If you allow the use of
SmartEvidence in one institution but not others, you can still use it
all the time as you are in one institution that allows SmartEvidence. We
allow for the more permissive use case as we do not create pages in a
specific collection, but just in an account.

To replicate:

1. Set up institution "School" and don't allow SmartEvidence.
2. Set up institution "University" and allow SmartEvidence.
3. Add a user to both institutions.
4. Expected result: The user should be able to set up a SmartEvidence
collection. Current result: The user can't because the first institution is
"School" and that doesn't allow SmartEvidence.

** Affects: mahara

** Affects: mahara/16.10

** Also affects: mahara/16.10

** Changed in: mahara/16.10
    Milestone: None => 16.10.3

** Changed in: mahara/16.10

** Changed in: mahara/16.10

  SmartEvidence not available when in multiple institutions

Status in Mahara:
  Confirmed
Status in Mahara 16.10 series:
  Confirmed