Cases to test:

Go to a group and check you can see the journals for that group,
should not show old deleted journals or journals from other groups

Check if a user can post in the journals it has permissions to post

When creating a journal group, it shows correct info from group

Creating a new post/editing a post in a group journal shows the correct
information

A group member can see journal entries in a group journal

When searching for groups, membership of the group is not displayed
if it is configured to hide the membership in the group settings

Copying a group gets the correct information

Check that you can see a forums in any group
Check that you can see topic pages in group forums

Successfully delete a group

User can leave the group, join a group, invite another user to a group

screen /download.php generates correct numbers in report

After editing a group view, check the "Return to group pages" button
returns to the correct group

Clean urls is working correctly for groups
https://wiki.mahara.org/wiki/System_Administrator's_Guide/Clean_URL_Configuration

A group member with role 'tutor', can release with no problems a view
that was submitted to the group

  Need a get_group_by_id() function

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Unlike view/collection etc 'group' functions are not in a class.

  And so there is no easy function to find group information by id.

  Instead we do a db query each time we want to find some group
  information and by the looks of the code we are not consistent each
  time, eg:

    $group = get_record('group', 'id', $id, 'deleted', 0);

  vs.

    $group = get_record('group', 'id', $id);

  At current count there is over 40 places where we fetch group by id
  via direct db call.

  It would be useful to have all those places fetch the info via
  function. That way we can have consistency across the system and also
  allow for the replying with additional information such as roles and
  whether one can edit or not, eg:

   get_group_by_id($id, $includedeleted = true, $getroles = false, $canedit =
false) {
      if ($includedeletd) {
          $group = get_record('group', 'id', $groupid, 'deleted', 0);
      }
      else {
          $group = get_record('group', 'id', $groupid);
      }
      if (empty($group)) {
         return false;
      }
      if ($getroles) {
          $group->roles = group_user_access($group->id);
      }
      if ($canedit) {
          $group->canedit = $role && group_role_can_edit_views($group,
$group->roles);
      }
      return $group;
   }