** Changed in: mahara
    Milestone: 17.04.0 => 17.10.0

  Allow certain registration information to be public

Status in Mahara:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Mahara instances can decide whether they want to register with the
  Mahara project or not. Currently, the stats that are collected are
  only visible to the Mahara core project team as we do not ask site
  admins permission to make them available more widely to the community
  like for example Moodle: http://moodle.net/stats/

  We should be changing that with the next release and ask permission to
  make certain information available anonymously to the entire
  community. We shouldn't make all the information available that we
  collect, but just the most high level ones like

  - Geographical location of the registered site
  - The site name and URL itself like on http://moodle.net/sites/
  - Number of registered users
  - Version of Mahara used (unless we decide it's a security risk)
  - Number of pages created (could be beneficial to see how active users are on
the site; ideally excl. dashboards, profile pages and group homepages)

  The information that is shared publicly anonymously with others should
  be highlighted when you review what information is sent when
  registering the site.

  When we make that change, I think we should reset the registration
  checkbox for sites that had it set to give them the chance to review
  the setting and make a conscious decision about registering as it's
  kinda like accepting new Terms and Conditions.