** Changed in: mahara
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Cecilia Vela Gurovic (ceciliavg)

  SAML attribute mapping needed

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  With SAML now being a plugin within Mhara core we are able to connect
  easier to external IdPs.

  But one problem that remains is understanding payload packets returned.
  Some IdP's return the packet of information with human readable keys like
'surname', 'mail' etc
  but others return it with oid numbers (including custom oid numbers) and so
we need to be able to translate that to human readable text.

  We can do this by setting the attribute mapping in our
  auth/saml/config.php file in the 'authproc.idp' and 'authproc.sp'
  arrays to use an in built attributemap found in
  auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/attributemap/  directory.

  But the problem (and therefore the reason for this bug) comes when we
  want to have a custom attributemap. We can't simply add it to
  auth/saml/extlib/simplesamlphp/attributemap/ as that does not exist in
  codebase (only created via make ssphp) so we need a way to get our
  custom attribute mappings into play.