** Changed in: mahara

  Embedded PDFs aren't always displayed

Status in Mahara:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Noticed in Mahara 1.10; testing on 15.04 and 15.10 needed:

  When a page contains many embedded PDFs, the following can happen (all at
once):
  - some PDFs are displayed
  - others show an error message
  - others show a Mahara login box
  - you can be logged out completely

  An initial investigation couldn't replicate the issue successfully and
  it seemed to happen intermittently. From what we gathered, it seems to
  be a rendering / loading / overloading issue: Too many instances of
  pdf.js try to be loaded at the same time causing timeouts and other
  weird behavior.

  I see two possibilities:
  1. Limit the number of PDFs that can be embedded on a page
  2. Load PDF blocks progressively one after the other

  I don't know if the second option would mitigate the problem or not.
  The first one could be limiting user's creativity, but would prevent
  endless waiting for a page to load with the content.

  Further insight is needed before a final decision can be made on how
  to continue from here.