** Changed in: mahara
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Rebecca Blundell (rjb-dev)

  Alphabetize the lang files!

Status in Mahara:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  The best way to organize the lang strings in a lang file is to
  alphabetize all of them. Many lang files have attempts to sort the
  strings by category, but this never works in the long run because it
  quickly becomes unclear which category new strings should go in.

  So I've found that the most convenient way to sort them in the long
  run is just to alphabetize them. If anyone has some free time, it'd be
  good to go through all the lang files and alphabetize them. At least,
  the ones in the core Mahara download. We'd probably need a different
  process to handle the ones in the translation langpacks.

  And of course it wouldn't make sense to do this by hand. You'd want to
  write a script that identifies the lang files and alphabetizes only
  the $string['name'] lines. It should be robust enough that it can
  handle multi-line strings. Comments interspersed amongst the strings
  should probably be discarded, because these usually refer to the
  string categories.