The functionality I mentioned in the original bug report no longer
exists in that test. So what we are looking for is a new test:
settings/footer_settings.feature

This is written in super-abbreviated behat...

Feature: Check footer settings and headings correctly displayed
As an admin I want to know
Given I set the footer headings to be visible
When a user logs in, they see the correct headings.

Background:
Add one user

Scenario Outline: User can see correct headings in footer by default
User logs in and clicks on each of the examples
They should see each of the example texts as headings on the page. ( I don't
think we should try to check that the headings aren't duplicated at this point.)
They should not see 'Terms and conditions'

Examples:
Privacy statement
About
Contact us

Scenario: Admin changes settings which are visible to user
Admin logs in and configures Menus for Footer so that Terms and Conditions is
visible and the other headings are not visible
User logs and confirms T&C visible and at one of the others is not

  Test for footer headings display

Status in Mahara:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  The current behat test admin/create_and_delete_menu_item.feature has a
  partial test for showing and hiding elements of the footer:

      And I enable the switch "Terms and conditions"
      And I disable the following switches:
       | Privacy statement |
       | About |
       | Contact us |
      And I press "Save changes"
    # Checking the switches held the setting
      And the following fields match these values:
       | Terms and conditions | 1 |
       | Privacy statement | 0 |
       | About | 0 |
       | Contact us | 0 |

  As part of the process of tidying up the behat tests, this
  functionality should be removed from this test and a new test created
  called footer_settings.feature.

  The new test should have 2 scenarios, one to check the settings as
  above as admin, but also to check that the selected footer settings
  are displayed on the homepage to a user.

  The second scenario should check that when the user clicks on the
  footer links, correct content is displayed, specifically that the
  headings are not repeated (Bug #1683551)